Introduces medical professionals/staff to the broad range of complementary/alternative practices available. Through education, a paradigm shift is facilitated for the integration of best practices of both Western and Complementary/Alternative practices.
Course graduates comments:
“Content of class very comprehensive in terms of basic info with excellent resources for further study. Instructors are fantastic presenters. Obviously well informed and motivated to teach and apply these principles. Would recommend this class to anyone able to think outside the box.”
“Fabulous! Reaffirmed my continuing to use integrative therapies as part of my own self-care and providing space for others to incorporate these techniques into their personal practices and self-care.”
“Thanks so much for the enlightenment.”
Optimal Care through Integrative Healing (OCIH) is a program developed to teach the integration of Traditional Healing Practices (Complementary/Alternative Medicine-CAM) with today’s Western/Conventional medicine. An integrative approach can facilitate a change in perception, values, and assumptions about wellness and self-care.
To meet this goal, Nurse Navigators 4 Integrative Healing developed this course for a large metropolitan hospital where it was presented between 2013 – 2015. We are excited to now be able to offer this course online!
Your annual subscription gives you access at any time to the content of OCIH. You can view and re-view modules at you own pace for a deeper, more powerful learning experience.
Content areas for this course include:
- Introduction to general Complementary/Alternative concepts, principles, assumptions
- Discussion of the mind-body connection
- Introduction to the concept of energy and its relationship to health/illness
- Exploration of Whole Medical Systems: Homeopathy, Naturopathy, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Ayurveda
- Experience of Mind-Body Medicine: Meditation, Relaxation, Guided Imagery, Hypnotherapy, Biofeedback, Prayer, Yoga, Tai Chi
- Discussion of Herbs, Supplements, and Aromatherapy
- Experience and exploration of Manipulative and Body-based practices: Chiropractic, Massage, Cranial Sacral Therapy, Yoga, Tai Chi, other movement therapies
- Discussion of Energy Medicine:Qi Gong, Reiki, Therapeutic Touch, Bio-electromagnetics
- Exploration of spirituality, beliefs, intuition, and self-care
- Experience of Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT)